This is a lovely, diatonically fretted cigar box guitar with a very bright and clear tone. The small but deep Romeo Y Julieta box gives a great voice to this dulcimer style instrument.
Fretting the diatonic scale i.e. do, re, me, fa, so, la, ti, rather than a full chromatic scale means these instruments will soon deliver tuneful melodies even in the hands of a complete novice. The ability to play notes which jar against one another is all but completely removed! Using a single finger to fret notes on the higher melody string while letting the other ring gives pleasing sound right from the off. The experienced player will find experimenting with diatonic fretting is a refreshing and rewarding experience. This is an elegant and highly enjoyable instrument.
- American hard-maple neck and fretboard
- Hand carved full-profiled neck with scarf joint
- Zero fret with hand carved bone string guide (low action)
- Neck through design with full length internal heel
- Internal piezo pick-up allows amplification
- Floating brass bolt bridge
- High quality gold modern style machine heads for reliable tuning